Wednesday 3 September 2014

Tim's tag - September

So, for once, I'm early for Tim's monthly tag (September)!  For me, Tim's new technique for 'faded layers' is slightly easier than the one he showed us in Creative Chemistry 102 & the Compendium of Curiosities vol iii - a slightly different effect I think, as the stencilled shapes tend to remain white, rather than just faded colour (which I've found quite difficult if I've used lots of alcohol ink!).
Anyway, although I've got quite of few of Tim's stencils, I decided to use a Dyan Reaveley diamond stencil for the background (inked over with Aqua alcohol ink).  I added multiple stampings of one of Tim's stamps (from Nature's Moments - one of my 'go to' sets!) and decided on the 'frenzy' of butterflies flying over the tag.  I must have somehow known, I've been wanting the Butterfly Frenzy decorative strip since it was first launched; I finally ordered it 2 days ago, & it came the next day, 1st September, so as soon as it arrived, I was all set!  I just love all the tiny butterflies! And I love how they're so vibrant & shiny using various colours of alcohol inks!  (And I've still got plenty to use on another project!)  Finally, just added a few remnant rubs, & it was finished!
the finished tag
tiny butterflies - detail - I used a couple of different text stamps on them

more tiny butterflies!
 Back soon!     Kay

2 comments:

  1. Very nice tag. The butterflies are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire the patience you must have, that's a lot of butterflies and the effect is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete