Wednesday 8 January 2014

Not cogs in a clock! My take on Tim's January tag

Happy New Year!

It's been too long since I've blogged!  Autumn came & went; Christmas came & went.. and now it's a over a week into the New Year!  But hopefully (fingers crossed!) I'm now back in the world of crafting & blogging...  Days of not crafting after Tim's CC102 course merged into weeks & months.  Busy (& stressed) at work, no ideas - I was ready for a change!  I made the decision to leave work and become a lady of 'leisure' (?!).  So a little more time for crafting & other things, & a renewed zest!

I certainly needed lots of inspiration when I saw Tim's January tag!  How could I adapt it?  Distress stain?  Yes, but not Tim's colour.  Stencil? Yes, but not that one! Pocket watch die? No ... you get the picture!!  So I had to get my thinking cap on! 

So for the tag background I used Antique Linen stain and a couple of different stencils, and I used a rubber stamp for the numbers.  I found a quote I liked from my collection of Tim's stamps.

Now for the 'clock/watch' ...   I have the gears die, and also the clock faces texture fade ... so, a clock in a cog instead of cogs in a clock!

 
I really hope that this year I shall be able to craft my take on all 12 of Tim's tags!  And also do lots more crafting, which I'll share here. 
 
I'm currently taking Nathalie Kalbach's Creative Jump Start 2014 online course - inspiring videos from lots of fantastic crafters, and great fun finding household objects to craft with!  And I'm also doing a Christy Tomlinson Winter Whimsy multimedia workshop - it's no longer 'live', but still available, and very much adaptable for other seasons / themes!
 
So I've got plenty to keep me busy in 2014!
 
Back soon (with fingers crossed!)     Kay

1 comment:

  1. Love love love this idea of a clock cog!! Fantastic creation! Karen.x wintonrosepapercreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete