Friday 31 January 2014

Creative Jumpstart 2014 Finnabair-style canvas

It's the last day of Creative JumpStart 2104 today; just realised I hadn't posted any of the bits I'd done!  The course is at www.nathaliesstudio.com. I haven't done all of them, but I have got so many ideas now, and we still have the videos available until November.  So here goes:

First project to show is a small mini canvas (only 7cm x 7cm) inspired by the video from Finnabair (Anna Dabrowska).  Her blog is here - take a look - she does such amazing pieces!  I would love to do a class with her - the CJS video was great!


In real life, it's a bit less 'yellowy'!


 
(Household items: teabag for making tea stain, old press studs, old necklaces).

I enjoyed finding the bits for this tiny project, painting white to hide colour, and then adding sprays to re-colour! The sprays were using mica powders with water - Perfect Pearls & Cosmic Shimmer. I also used a homemade tea stain, and watered down distress ink.  Quite a few of the bits were from my stash of craft bits, but there's also a few bits from broken necklaces & some old press studs (I've got a whole big box of those!).  I think if I did a similar project again, I would leave the glass in the lightbulb unpainted though...
 

Showing 3-D dimension

Back soon!     Kay




2 comments:

  1. You did a great job, Kay! I loved Anna's video in CJS too - haven't made one yet (where did January go?!) but I'm definitely going to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous- love the use of all those bits. thank you for playing along in CJS 2014!

    ReplyDelete