Thursday 11 October 2012

Distress - seasonal

Great news - Tim Holtz's Ranger Distress Seasonal ink pads, which were released 2011/2012 in limited packs of 3 are now part of the standard distress range, so 48 gorgeous colours instead of 36 (plus of course picket fence)!  They're currently in ink pads & re-inkers  - hopefully maybe even markers at some stage?
What's even better is that Ranger have a contest on their blog for a giveaway of some of these 'new' colours, so here's my entry...

I was lucky enough to get the Winter & Spring packs (& I found the Summer pack just a couple of weeks ago).  But the Fall pack I couldn't find anywhere, so I'm so pleased at last to be able to get them!
For my tag, I used mowed lawn (from Summer), mustard seed and barn door distress ink pads. I stamped the three leaf images from Tim's mini blueprints set CMS 136 in jet black archival.  Then I pressed the ink pads onto my craft sheet & used a water brush to pick up and blend the colours on the leaves.  For the birch I used mowed lawn & mustard seed, for the oak mustard seed & a little barn door, and for the maple barn door & a little mustard seed.  Such a range of autumnal colours from just 3 distress ink pads! Then I used my blending foam to distress the tag (using the same 3 colours).
Finally I diecut letters from gold card, added a little frayed burlap (marker) & attached them to the tag and edged around them with black ink, to make them stand out.
Fingers crossed!
Back soon!   Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment