Tuesday 31 July 2012

Rusted enamel challenge

Finally, (just in time!) my entry for the CC101 Facebook group's rusted enamel challenge!

The group is open to participants of Tim Holtz's Creative Chemistry 101 course only - it's a great course, well worth doing - it's still available online.
So I used the technique twice...
Firstly on the card - I stamped with archival before doing the technique over it (I used Victorian Velvet distress ink).

And secondly on the background, on a canvas board.  The background inks were Spun Sugar, Weathered Wood and Iced Spruce, which I used direct to the canvas & then spritzed with water, to blend them a bit & also to make sure the embossing powder stuck!  As the board already came covered with gesso, the distress for the rusted parts didn't work 100% perfectly, but I think it makes quite an interesting, grungy background, none the less!

Finally, I added a grungeboard dress form covered with lace & trim, lightly coloured with Victorian Velvet.

2 comments: