Thursday 21 June 2012

CC2C - challenge 10

This week, Tim's technique from his "Compendium of Curiosities vol II"  is tissue wrap flowers - you can find it on page 37 in the book...  As usual, this challenge is hosted by the lovely Linda Ledbetter on her Studio L3 blog.  And this week's sponsor is once again The Funkie Junkie Boutique.
I made quite a few tissue wrap flowers practicing the technique, & finally came up with this tag.  I used this flower as it had the most similar shaped flowers to the stamped ones!


I coloured the tissue wrap with bubblegum pink Dylusions ink spray before I made the flower, then added some worn lipstick distress ink to tie it in more with the tag, which 'distressed' the flower even further!  The button in the middle of the flower was a 'gold' one I'd coloured with alcohol inks a while ago (I can't remember which colours now!).  I die cut the leaf from grungeboard, inked it with peacock feather distress ink & added clear embossing powder on top.
On the tag I used Tim's perfect splatter technique with worn lipstick, shaded lilac & peacock feathers, together with forever violet & pewter perfect pearls powders.  The perfect pearls don't show up too well in the photo!  You can just about see a couple of blobs below!

Then I stamped the bottom of the tag with a Dylusions background flower stamp.    I've seen the quote a couple of times recently & I quite like it, so I printed it out on linen cardstock, coloured it with bundled sage & peacock feathers distress inks, cut out the individual words & added them to my tag.
Back soon!  Kay

1 comment:

  1. You're flower turned out so pretty! It reminds me of a Peony!

    ReplyDelete