Monday 26 March 2012

Tim Holtz Creative Chemistry 101 - Day 6

So day 6 is working with distress markers - I've been lucky enough to get 3 of the colours, and they are just great!  I had a very happy morning practicing the various techniques...


I love how they blend together - I think,luckily (!) Fired Brick, Crushed Olive & Stormy Sky make a great range of colours!  Of course I'd like to get my hands on a few more (especially Picket Fence!), but meanwhile, I've been having great fun playing & experimenting!  They even (sort of!) worked on a kraft tag! 

1st stamping on kraft, 2nd stamping with misting the stamp, on watercolour paper

trial blending with markers
3rd generation, on watercolour paper - I'm amazed how vibrant the colours are, 3rd time round!
A bit slpodgy (lots of misting!) but I love the effect! 

 I followed Tim's advice & example & made notes by the side, so my tags today really are samples!  I especially love the effects on watercolour paper.  I loved Day 2's brushless watercolour technique, but I love using the markers,  a different effect, as you can put the colours exactly where you want them to be!
first 4 trial pieces

Back soon!  Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment