Sunday 26 February 2012

altered book - the first chapter!

I'm taking another Altered Book class with My Creative Classroom - it's actually the first of the two, but I did the 'next chapter' last autumn!

So, one of the first week's lessons was on 'found poetry' - using the words on the book pages to create a new sentence, saying etc.  Here it is ...


reads "You swept me into your arms - I smile - I wish 
heart - friend



finished page

The last 2 words really didn't make much sense, so I hid them with a heart, added another heart at the top of the page, and then stamped one of my favourite stamps (even if the guy does look like Nick Knowles!) onto heart mulberry paper & glued it to the page.  I finally added a strip of misted tissue tape to add another colour - it was looking a bit too pink!

I was quite pleased with how it turned out!

This week it's windows & pockets - planning them out as I type!

Back soon,

Kay


   

No comments:

Post a Comment