Sunday 26 February 2012

12 tags of 2012 - February

So, as I said my last post, Tim is  doing 12 tags of 2012 this year, starting February.  Hopefully it'll be easier to keep up with them, rather than a rush in early December! ... we shall see!

So here's Tim's February tag, Valentines theme, of course!

And here's mine ...  So, what supplies have I already got? Tag? of course!  Dies for hearts? not Tim's, but yes!  Tissue tape? yes again, and Tim's die for the trim, & ribbon! But ...


Stamp matching texture fade? no!
Honeycomb paper? no!

So once again, I've adapted & substituted, using what I've got!  A couple of red (& purple) distress inks on the tag, flicked with water; used picket fence (white) distress stain on embossing folder & embossed.
I decided not to try & make my own honeycomb paper this time (I know it can be done!), so I cut out 2 each small & mediumhearts, & added distress ink & distress stickles - then it was just a case of finishing off!
I distressed the LOVE tiles & attached them to grungeboard to give them a bit of height, & embellished with various bits - I was going to add a tiny cupid to the ribbon, but I think I must have used him on a Valentine's card a couple of years ago - oh well!!

I'm really looking forward to what Tim comes up with for the rest of the year - can't wait!

Back soon,
Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment