Tuesday 13 December 2011

12 tags - day 12

So its the last of Tim's tags for 2011!  Did he save the best to last?  I love, love, love Tim's 12th tag!  I love the muted colours, I love the 'frozen Charlotte', I love the tissue wrap (wishlist!) - in fact I love everything about it!!!
Here's my version ...
I added a layer of Christmas vellum over the top of the stamped & inked tag, which took ages to stick (and bubbled alarmingly!).  This also made the tag bend up - I sort of got around this by adding a piece of rigid cardboard behind the window/dwelling shape (which I cut freehand from grungepaper).  I had some German (Dresden) scrap wings which I painted with pewter distress crackle to dull it down a bit (& I also used this on the tiny flower brad).  I made a die cut rose flower out of silver 'angel hair' - I couldn't curl the petals up so much as usual, so I left out the single petal from the middle & added a pearl bead.  I also used a strip of this for the ribbon - I coloured it & the rose a little with iced spruce - I love this colour (I wasn't too sure when I first saw it, but I soon changed my mind after using it!)

I've learnt so much in the last 12 days!  It's been fantastic being able to continue on my creative 'journey', with Tim as a guide, showing every step of the way!  I've enjoyed the challenges of finding alternatives & substitutions, I've even enjoyed the (quite a few) frustrations!!
So its back to reality now; more presents to buy & wrap, cards to write & send, house to clean & tidy, Christmas cake & pudding to make, dining room table (my craft space!!) to clear so we can eat Christmas dinner (and just 2 or 3 crafty items to complete before Christmas Day)!!!

Wishing everyone "Merry Christmas", "Season's Greetings", "Happy Holidays", and a wonderful & peaceful New Year
Back soon, Kay

1 comment: